Sunday, May 03, 2009
Confident Mamas
Sexy mamas are those who know themselves well and who like what they see in the mirror. Sexiness is a subjective trait. To one person, bigger breasts would be the ultimate goal. However, to another woman, she'd feel sexy if she could just get down to a size seven. Maybe for you, it's your teeth; if you just had straighter and whiter teeth, you'd feel so hot.
Since sexiness is in the eye of the beholder, it's important to focus on what's already in the cards. Maybe you have fantastic abs or a sixteen-year-old butt. Possibly, it's your naturally dark and glowing skin-tone. The goal should be to lower your standard, so you can focus on what you do have. Why wallow in despair over what you don't have?
The sexiest moms are those who are self-confident. They radiate a sense of calm about who they are on the outside, but even more so on the inside. One way to exude self assurance is to be proud of who you are and of what you've accomplished. If you've given birth, then you know outright that there's basically nothing you can't do. Furthermore, examine the miracle, that you created a human being. To me, that's the coolest thing I'll ever be able to post on my list of credentials.
Will my stomach ever return to its natural sleek shape, as in my college days? I don't think so...because even though I frequent the gym and am at a healthy weight for my height, at a certain angle, it's starting to look like I have two stomachs. Do I still feel sexy in light of this bodily change? Absolutely. And you should value your body too, in spite of its changes over the years.
Moms have the potential of being some of the sexiest women out there. If you believe that you are sexy, other people will see it too. In college, I remember a very average looking girl in my photo class. She was so enamored with a self-portrait that she'd taken. She expressed to the class how she loved the picture because it was of herself. It seemed odd to me, but fourteen years later, I've forgotten her name, but remember what she looks like, glasses and all. Her self confidence impressed me and it made me believe that she must have been really special. We as moms need to believe that we're special too. When we own that belief, sexiness will follow.
Since sexiness is in the eye of the beholder, it's important to focus on what's already in the cards. Maybe you have fantastic abs or a sixteen-year-old butt. Possibly, it's your naturally dark and glowing skin-tone. The goal should be to lower your standard, so you can focus on what you do have. Why wallow in despair over what you don't have?
The sexiest moms are those who are self-confident. They radiate a sense of calm about who they are on the outside, but even more so on the inside. One way to exude self assurance is to be proud of who you are and of what you've accomplished. If you've given birth, then you know outright that there's basically nothing you can't do. Furthermore, examine the miracle, that you created a human being. To me, that's the coolest thing I'll ever be able to post on my list of credentials.
Will my stomach ever return to its natural sleek shape, as in my college days? I don't think so...because even though I frequent the gym and am at a healthy weight for my height, at a certain angle, it's starting to look like I have two stomachs. Do I still feel sexy in light of this bodily change? Absolutely. And you should value your body too, in spite of its changes over the years.
Moms have the potential of being some of the sexiest women out there. If you believe that you are sexy, other people will see it too. In college, I remember a very average looking girl in my photo class. She was so enamored with a self-portrait that she'd taken. She expressed to the class how she loved the picture because it was of herself. It seemed odd to me, but fourteen years later, I've forgotten her name, but remember what she looks like, glasses and all. Her self confidence impressed me and it made me believe that she must have been really special. We as moms need to believe that we're special too. When we own that belief, sexiness will follow.
Comments:
<< Home
Hi Dianne! I found and enjoyed reading your articles on the Press Enterprise website and I'm so excited that they have selected you as a Guest Author! You are a great woman and friend and have a ton to share - I look forward to reading your future writings!
Post a Comment
<< Home
