Sunday, June 30, 2013

 

O

Our planet’s name is O, which sounds confusing, I know. I am ten years old, after all. So I get that most planets have more than one letter in their name. But ours stands for something meaningful and if you know what that is, then you understand why we just say “O” instead. I’m Bernice by the way, but my friends call me Bee, not like the letter, like the insect. I can hear your thoughts by the way, which might freak you out just a little. But try not to fight it. Can you trust me and let me in to your world, please? We really need your planet to keep going as a civilization. But we are incredibly small so we won’t take up hardly any of your space. And we’ll only stay as long as we need to, for about six weeks or so. We’ll probably just park it inside of that green houseplant over there by your kitchen sink. I noticed it a few weeks ago when we first met. But I guess it’s not fair to say that we met, since you don’t totally understand who I am yet. Just think of my kind as little particles floating around trying to refuel on water and nutrients from your air. Am I freaking you out already? Mom says I get into people’s thoughts too quickly and that it makes them go a little bit insane too fast. So I’ll slow down and leave your mind alone until you wake up. I usually get confused when too many things collide at once, so I’m not sure why I can’t remember that when it comes to humans as well. Sweet dreams and try to remember me when you wake up, please! If I find a friendly human first, the colony will make me their hero for once, me, a girl from the yellow region. The truth is that hardly anyone even knows my name. The kids on O think I’m klutzy, plain, and nerdy. But I can’t help that I was born smarter than most adults. I guess they must be jealous of how much I know. Take your brown hair, blue eyes, and large ears; you were just born that way from the start. You can’t change your DNA either, right? So how come my friends can’t give me a chance? I can’t exactly call them friends though because they make fun of me every day. I just call them friends so that I don’t feel quite as lonely. It also helps to go snack on beaker-backs because they make me feel happier inside. They’re kind of like those orange triangles you guys munch on at parties. But it seems like you sometimes eat too many which would probably make me sick. Mom always tells me to take a few handfuls and that’s it. But I sneak a few more in my pockets because I just can’t resist. I guess that’s how you guys get about those orange triangle things. You see, we aren’t that different after all when it comes to our hearts and our habits. I may be as small as a pen dot on a piece of paper and you’re as big as half of our planet, but we are the same when it comes to the important stuff. I can tell you are waking up, so I need to hide and get out of your mind for now. But don’t worry, I’ll be back soon. Goodbye for now.

Comments:
you are invited to read my blog
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?