Saturday, November 16, 2013
Life
It's just a lot of work. No matter how you slice it, life is a major pain in the you know what. There's sickness. There's financial hardship for many. Some people you'd never ever think of as splitting up--- do. The world is full of pain and heartache and as a Christian, it leaves me confused like the millions of others who have wrestled with the problem of evil. I suppose it all comes down to a trust issue. My husband has been encouraging me to simply trust God more lately. It's come off as a tad bit irritating to be totally honest. But deep down, I know he's right. My fears have been swallowing my whole heart up. What if this new bump on my skin is cancer? What if something happens to our kids? What if my husband gets in a horrific car accident? What if we stay in our current state and never feel like we're totally living our lives out fully in God's will? I mean the questions could go on ad nauseum. But that doesn't mean we can simply stay in that state of anxiety. The Bible says in Philippians 4:5+6, "Be anxious for nothing, but in all things, by prayer and supplication-- with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God." So why is that so damn hard? I think it's because we are so convinced that we need to be in control of everything. If we would more readily hand over the car keys to the Lord and let him drive us to the next destination, I think we could shut our eyes and enjoy the wind upon our eyelids. The thing is that we don't want to relinquish our treasured autonomy. We like to feel like we know what we're doing. Well Lord, tonight in this post, I'm just being super honest. I have no clue what I'm doing. I need you to navigate. Please take the wheel! Thanks to you-- my kind and patient heavenly Father! Amen! :)