Thursday, August 06, 2009
Totally Tired
You know those days when you're just way too tired to function? Today is one of those kind of days. So, I'm just doing the best I can to update the checkbook, wash the laundry, change the diapers, make the meals, and keep up with all the rest of motherhood's tasks.
Thankfully, I love strong coffee and coke. So, those two drinks have been my companions today, as well as some prayer to a very loving God. It's odd that God would speak to me when I'm so tired. Maybe it's because I've had to slow myself down into a better listening position. I sometimes think He allows our need of Him to increase so that we will remember how He cares for us.
Even though I've been mega-exhausted today from sleep-deprivation, I have found relative peace and comfort in the ease of the day. Here it is almost 3pm and it feels like the time flew by like a gentle cloud overhead. My kids have likewise been well-behaved for the most part and my demands have been reasonable.
The Lord really does seem to know how much we can handle. He gives us what He knows we can handle. This includes disappointments, tragedies, and struggles as well. I feel I've been fighting the Lord in certain areas of my life because He has been so slow to meet me where I've wanted to be met. It's sometimes when we're so tired and so weak that God reminds us He's been carrying us all along.
I'm still waiting on God for a lot of things and feel I'm getting a busy signal at times, but today, God has reminded me that I'm to take it just one day at a time at a reasonable pace. Life is not a sprint and neither is our Christian journey. I hope you can rest in the Lord today if you are feeling weary. Slow down and allow Him to give you rest.
Thankfully, I love strong coffee and coke. So, those two drinks have been my companions today, as well as some prayer to a very loving God. It's odd that God would speak to me when I'm so tired. Maybe it's because I've had to slow myself down into a better listening position. I sometimes think He allows our need of Him to increase so that we will remember how He cares for us.
Even though I've been mega-exhausted today from sleep-deprivation, I have found relative peace and comfort in the ease of the day. Here it is almost 3pm and it feels like the time flew by like a gentle cloud overhead. My kids have likewise been well-behaved for the most part and my demands have been reasonable.
The Lord really does seem to know how much we can handle. He gives us what He knows we can handle. This includes disappointments, tragedies, and struggles as well. I feel I've been fighting the Lord in certain areas of my life because He has been so slow to meet me where I've wanted to be met. It's sometimes when we're so tired and so weak that God reminds us He's been carrying us all along.
I'm still waiting on God for a lot of things and feel I'm getting a busy signal at times, but today, God has reminded me that I'm to take it just one day at a time at a reasonable pace. Life is not a sprint and neither is our Christian journey. I hope you can rest in the Lord today if you are feeling weary. Slow down and allow Him to give you rest.
Labels: parents, the Lord, tired
Comments:
<< Home
Wise and wonderful words, my love. I'm glad your day was peaceful. Only God loves you more than I do.
-Hubby
Post a Comment
-Hubby
<< Home

